I’ve decided to start putting some recipes on here, since baking is my passion, and I can’t think of any better way to share our lives with you! :o) I will try to get a pic of this recipe on here soon!
This is my recipe for a great chocolate-y peppermint cookie, that is absolutely wonderful and satisfying! Be careful with this one, because it has proven hard to not finish the whole batch in one sitting. :o) (Fortunately they taste great when they are frozen, so this is a great recipe to bake and then freeze to have on hand! The cookies defrost quickly at room temperature, so no need to plan ahead or heat up.) I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CANDY COOKIES
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dutch-processed)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup of Andes mint candy baking bits (or 1/2 cup each peppermint
candy and white chocolate chips, or
any combination of the 2 flavors)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together the butter and sugars until will blended and light in color.
3. Add the egg and the peppermint extract until will blended. (Scrape down the bowl halfway through.)
4. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture slowly and stop once all of it is incorporated (do not over-mix!).
5. Stir in the candy pieces.
6. Using a small (1″) scoop, drop dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 12 minutes (cookies will still look a little shiny, or ‘damp’). Let cool on the pan for a few minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
7. Place immediately into Tupperware to keep them from drying out. Enjoy! :o)
Makes 3+ dozen cookies.