Time to celebrate the end of the busy school year with a treat that will send you over the edge without driving you crazy in the kitchen. Make these simple, luscious brownies, share them, and celebrate the people you love!
Marshmallow Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 3/4 cup dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup butter, melted & divided (1/3 cup + 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour (all-purpose OR Namaste Gluten-Free Perfect Flour Blend)
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided (1 cup + 1 cup)
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9x13" glass baking dish, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder & baking soda and then whisk in half of the melted butter (1/3 cup) and then the 1/2 cup of hot water.
- Whisk in the sugar, eggs, salt & vanilla, and then whisk in the rest of the melted butter.
- Dump in the flour, 1 cup chocolate chips and the marshmallows and stir quickly with a fork until the mixture is all combined.
- Spread the batter evenly into the prepared baking dish and then dollop the peanut butter all over the top, in smallish spoonfuls.
- Take a butter knife, and gently swirl across, and around the batter to swirl the peanut butter dollops. Don't mix them all the way in, just break up the clumps and even out the batter!
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the remaining chocolate chips and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the brownies are just set and starting to pull away at the edges.
- Let cool completely before cutting, for prettiest results, or dig right into the warm brownies (with a scoop of ice cream!) if you just can't wait!
These brownies freeze wonderfully! Let cool completely, wrap well and freeze for up to 3 months!
Pages: Page 1 Page 2