You can serve this as is…
with a drizzle of milk…
or you can take it totally over the top with a drizzle of cream, a pat of butter and a generous dusting of cinnamon or more pumpkin pie spice.
I have to suggest the latter… That second bowl I just had was… glorious.
I felt like I was eating dessert.
At the same time.
(And I don’t even feel guilty about it in the least!)
What’s your favorite way top your oatmeal?
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup half & half or milk
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2-1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (my family likes things sweet, so we use one cup)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Stir all the ingredients together in the slow cooker, cook on LOW overnight, about 8 hours.
- When it is done, it may still look liquidy. Give it a good stir and it will all come together.
- Serve immediately. Save any leftovers in the fridge or freezer... this stuff reheats beautifully!
You guys! I just have to tell you about my favorite slow cooker/pressure cooker/everything cooker!
(This is NOT a sponsored post – although that is an affiliate link! I just can’t resist sharing this with you, I love it so much!!)
It’s actually a seven-in-one cooker (slow cooks, browns, steams) and my goodness, is it amazing!
I use it almost every day, for everything from homemade yogurt to bone broth to oatmeals, soups and stews.
Also, this price on Amazon right now, is a great deal.
Worth every penny!