I love this combination of flavors… smokey cumin, creamy beans, hearty chicken, a little kick from the chiles… and the lack-of-effort needed to make this white chili makes it one of my favorite slow cooker meals!
I love serve this chili topped with a little extra cheese, some sour cream and some fresh homemade guacamole.
Give this a try next time you need a quick, easy meal your whole family will love!
- 3 chicken breasts (raw or cooked), cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 1 regular can pink beans (pinquitos)
- 1 large can diced green chiles
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
Throw all the ingredients, except for the crushed tortilla chips and cheese into your slow cooker. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
During the last 30 minutes, stir in the crushed tortilla chips and the shredded cheese and heat until the cheese is melted and the chili has thickened.
Serve with guacamole, sour cream, salsa, chips, or whatever else you think sounds good!
(featured on OAMM’s October Whole Food’s October 2011 Menu!)