*This is a sponsored post for SheSpeaks/Smithfield at Walmart*
Make-Ahead Gluten-Free Pork Meatballs with an Easy Apple Butter Glaze
Are you still planning your holiday menus, like I am – at the last minute? Then feel free to relax as you look no further! These super simple, delicious meatballs are a sure thing no matter what your celebration looks like.
They are incredibly easy, packed full of flavor and can be made ahead so all you have to do is heat them up when it’s time to serve.
They can be served up big as a main course with potatoes or rice on the side, or served up as is for a satisfying little appetizer on a buffet table. It doesn’t get much better than that!
I think most of you would agree with me – a holiday smorgasbord table just wouldn’t be complete without meatballs. Whether you like yours in a barbecue sauce, gravy, or a sweet glaze – meatballs are a crowd pleaser any way you serve them.
And especially when you make them a little surprising and a lot delicious. Isn’t it fun to share something new, yet still comforting, on your holiday table?
These meatballs are gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy them, but feel free to use regular all-purpose flour if you’d prefer.
And in case you need a little more motivation, Smithfield All-Natural Pork products are affordable and something you can feel good about feeding your family… and you can find them at your local WalMart while you’re buying all your stocking stuffers and last minute gifts!
- 1 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons 21-seasoning salute (no-salt-seasoning) or ground sage
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease or olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2-3 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the meatball ingredients together until just blended. Don’t over mix!
- Form the meatball mixture into small balls, about the size of a golfball or smaller, and place onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.
- If you are making these ahead, let them cool completely before transferring to freezer bags and storing in the freezer until you are ready to use them.
- When you are going to serve the meatballs, place them in a skillet with a lid, whisk together the apple butter & water and pour over the meatballs. Simmer until heated through, turning the meatballs once or twice to make sure they are well coated.